Monday, June 15, 2009

Vanilla Ice Cream & June Random Food

The Vanilla I ordered had already arrived for a month haha.. Too lazy to start with my ice cream making plan.. :p Besides that I also think that whipping cream now is terribly EXPENSIVE RM 17 ++ for anchor 1 Litre.. Sigh.. Now with pay cut buy things also have to think twices.. Haha.. This month I had over spending already.. However thinking father day is coming soon I don't have good budget to buy papa anything special I plan to make a chiffon fresh cream cake so that the cream I can use for ice cream making also hehe.. one stone kill 2 birds..


Here is the package I receive.. To my surprise they are very effecient and given me extra 1 vanilla pod.. hehe.. So happy.. If you want vanilla pod as well you could just order from here http://www.greenvanillastore.com/index.html hehe.. If you found cheaper place let me know..

I followed 2 recipes got from internet.. hehe.. I combine and modify the recipe.. keppo..
http://www.leisure-cat.com/frm_1055.htm
http://ohbin.blogspot.com/2008/07/ohbin_03.html

Ingredient for the ice cream (just briefly):
250 ml Whipping cream
280 ml Milk
4.5 tbs Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
1 Vanilla Pod

Method:
1. Put egg yolk and sugar in milk and stir well.
2. Heat up the mix until it start to steam right before boil. Then keep aside to cold.
3. Beat whipping cream with mixer until the cream become harden but not too hard. Make sure the whipping cream still can move if you sway your bowl.
4. Then slowly add in the mix from No. 2 into it and keep beating with low speed. (Why low speed I guess is to prevent too many big bubble in the mix)

tata.. that it.. simple ler.. then you pour your mix in container and freeze it. Remember that every 1 hour your have to take out and stir slowly upside down. (I think this action sure the ice cream mix well so that water will not separate out become ice. Remember to stir slowly else you will create more bubble in ice cream)


Here is the outcome of half done ice cream after freeze for 3 hours.. By that time already reach 11PM time to sleep so I decided to give up the additional 2 stirs.


After finish ice cream making I make some pizza for my daughter.. This should be the 3 times I make pizza recently.. The first attempt I just simply make one with fresh mushroom, soft cheese and chicken. My daughter loves it.. :) So I decided to make again.. But the second time I make a bigger one as dinner for me and my hubby so I make mix flavor with pepperoni and chicken with green capsicum, mozilla and cheddar cheese.. But this time my daughter not so fancy especially the green capsicum she refuse to take it.. Now I catch her preference I use the left over dough to make a small one with fresh mushroom, chicken and left over cheese.. Turn out great and she like it.. I cut 3 small pieces for her as refreshment @ school and the rest in my and hubby tummy haha.. only left a small piece as my hubby breakfast..


This spaghetti make this moring with pasta sauce, mushroom and chicken.. So rush.. I just have 1 hour to prepare this as breakfast for myself and lunch for hubby.. My lunch ?? haha.. I eat leftover asam curry fish.. don waste food mah.. no photo taken.. :p


















4 comments:

贤惠 said...

Yummy! You're good cook huh. I want to eat also.

Ice said...

The ice-cream is a lot of work, have to keep taking it out from the refrigerator every hour.

Can you find fresh vanilla paste in the supermarket? It is the same as vanilla pot just in a tin/can. Much easier to handle.

You can get fresh button mushroom in Kuching? I never see fresh ones in kuching before. But over here it is very cheap, just A$6.00 per kilo. You pizza looks delicious.

No Body said...

I am not good in cooking lar Alice just have some interest to try.. :)

Ai Shiang here you could buy fresh mushroom from Choice Daily Supermarket (I think the only one with fresh mushroom here) but very expensive 1kg 35.99 ++.. So I normally just buy a small pack cost less then RM4 haha..
How come mushroom @ Sydney cheaper.. I saw in Perth they normally sold AUD 10 +-..

Ice said...

From experience, the bigger the city the cheaper food is. If you live in rural area food is expensive as well, because no competition.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers