I always wonder how real vanilla look like or taste like. Thanks to the internet now we can get any information online. With the information I acquired I consulted my friend who is very good knowledge in herbs and spices. Surprisingly she told me that actually vanilla plant is available here in Malaysia. She was so generous to gave me 1 pot and now still surviving @ my in law garden.. : ) Not sure when it can produce me with pod ler.. hehe..
To quench my curiosity I look for Malaysia supplier online and finally found one from http://www.greenvanillastore.com/. I ordered 1 pack in 3 that costed me RM20 hehe..
What am I going to do with it?? Hmm.. perhap I can try to make my own real 100% natural vanilla ice cream for Rachel..
It's so good to explore new things..


3 comments:
Do you have an ice-cream making machine at home? My hubby wants me to make him some homemade ice-cream but I refuse. Otherwise he will put on weight haha! I look at how ice-cream is made, wow so much sugar!
Having said that, homemade ice-cream tastes better.
I don't have one and I found one recipe that I think easier to make..
http://ohbin.blogspot.com/2008/07/ohbin_03.html
I have not make one so far.. wait for the vanilla arrive then I will try according to the recipe mentioned.. One of the reason I choose this recipe is it does not have egg as part of the ingredient.. I think uncook egg may contain bacteria so better play safe..
O you can refer to this website.. and make own ice cream maker.. haha.. http://ddwishes.pixnet.net/blog/post/22576566
Thanks for the links. I'll take a look. If you do make the ice-cream, post it so that I can have a look :o)
Post a Comment