Monday, November 22, 2010

World Walking Day

Last minute I had decided to join "World Walking Day" sponsored by Nestle at water front with my colleagues. There were altogether 10 of us all female ^.^

I had woke up as early as 5:10 AM in the morning 1 hour earlier then meet up time. I took my own sweet time to avoid being there too early. Around 6:00 AM I start to depart, initially I thought could park my car at parking lot in front of the shop facing water front who knows there were fully occupied. Such an overwhelming event, I really underestimated the number.

Luckily I still managed to park my car somewhere around *Lou Ya Geng* the place which is very famous with BBQ pork satay and fish ball soup in Kuching. There were many peoples nearby I felt less anxious to walk alone. : ) When I walked toward to registration there were 2 uncles walking toward my direction and spoke loudly over the phone "I had got it and I'm about to go back" (in hokkien). ^.^

The queue was so long about 300M with about 300 peoples. When I about to queue up the other 3 coming and joined me. We had been talking and laughing throughout the queue. I was enjoyed with theirs’ accompany. There were 2 cut queue stories to share with you all.

#1: 2 Sweet malay girl
==================
My daring friend challenged the 2 cut queue malay girls, initially they try to ignore but she kept glaring them. At the end they left too pressurized by her voltage eyes.

#2: 1 Chinese father with 2 sons (approximately age 7-10)
=======================
Again my friend challenged a tall daddy who cut queue with his sons. He has ignored her with numb face. At the end they managed to switch to another newly open line. Well I don't think I'm a good mother but I hope I can do my best not to pass bad attitude to my next generation.

Of course these 2 cut queue experiences were what had been happened just right in front of us. There were more fake VIP who were worst than them.

Queuing, coffee, T-shirt + lucky draw coupon, photo shooting, VIPs' speech and warming up before the walking. I like the warming up session, the background music played composite of all major ethnic in Sarawak while instructors led the big crowd to dance. It brought back secondary school memory (I can't remember which year.. :p) where I had participated in dance performance with hundreds of other teenage from different schools during National Day celebration hosted by Sarawak.

Most of us walked like old women. I believe if fat amount of money be given up for first to reach end point sure everybody will twist their buttock to walk like rocket. After reach there we need to queue again for breakfast, maggie noodle. Poor arrangement!! End up we had taken own breakfast at *Lou Ya Geng*. FYI - their kolo mee RM3.50 and Wanton RM4.00

The event actually finish at 11:00AM but most of us wanted to leave after the breakfast including me as my son should be woke up already. We all left our lucky draw coupon to those who wish to stay throughout the event.

A wonderful morning!

Below is the photo taken by colleague using *i-phone* (drool~~~ )

2 comments:

Priscilla Wong Hieng Eng said...

wow... what a great event u joined!

No Body said...

yalor.. :) really enjoyed it.
when u come back we go eat eat again..

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers